Unable to compile Couchbase 1.8 from source

pcdinh

Feb 20, 2012, 11:35:38 AM2/20/12
to mem...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just downloaded couchbase 1.8.0 source and tried to compile it on my Ubuntu 11 box

However, "make all" output showed the following errors

/default_engine/default_engine.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/default_engine_la-default_engine.o
engines/default_engine/default_engine.c: In function ‘initalize_configuration’:
engines/default_engine/default_engine.c:506:22: error: variable ‘ret’ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

make[1]: *** [default_engine_la-default_engine.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/couchbase-server_src/memcached'
make: *** [all] Error 2

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Dinh

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Feb 20, 2012, 12:43:26 PM2/20/12
to mem...@googlegroups.com
Thats a known problem of -Werror and the way our projects are setup. Easiest for you would be try to get gcc-4.5 or gcc-4.4. I don't know if it is available in ubuntu repository but it is available in debian repos. Just don't forget to install matching g++ and libstdc++-dev packages.