SVLEN calculation

Maria

Mar 8, 2021, 8:16:10 AM3/8/21
to MELT Help
Hi Eugene,

I have a question about SVLEN calculation in MELT. How is that done (using which parameters) and how accurate is the estimate?

And maybe I missed that from a previous thread, sorry about that in that case, I have some calls that have an SVLEN of -1. What does that imply?

In addition, can MELT detect longer insertions than the MEI sequence? For instance, if there is one abundant sub-population of L1 that is 500 nt longer than the one L1 that was used to generate the MEI, would these longer L1 be called? Would MELT call them as their correct longer length, or as the MEI full length?

many thanks!

Maria

Shweta Ramdas

Jan 26, 2024, 8:07:02 AMJan 26
to MELT Help
I had the same question about SVLEn calculation, and also SVLEN of -1. Would anyone be able to point us to this?

Shweta