Jason Oster

Nov 9, 2016, 3:43:15 PM11/9/16
to mel...@googlegroups.com, no...@lenoah.net
The version of Electron that gets packaged by "grunt dist" is really outdated. Probably getting a newer version of Electron will solve this issue. Or at least it's a good place to start.

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 12:32, no...@lenoah.net wrote:
>
> Aha, found it- 3.1.0

aaron.g...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2016, 3:44:06 PM11/9/16
to melonJS - A lightweight HTML5 game engine, no...@lenoah.net
You probably need some libraries/binaries installed to run the executable. The build instructions for electron has a list: https://github.com/electron/electron/blob/master/docs/development/build-instructions-linux.md. You may not need all of them since you aren't building from source. But at least need the gtk2 packages.

Jay Oster

Nov 11, 2016, 5:01:12 PM11/11/16
to mel...@googlegroups.com, Noah Swainland
I just updated the boilerplate with the latest version of Electron: https://github.com/melonjs/boilerplate/commit/7f4a7a581f85bd0e4b6c117f744218233d473dd8 Apply the patch, run `npm update` and `grunt dist` to try it out. Hope that helps.