IMN (International Melioidosis Network) Committee Nomination (for Election) 2019

Direk Limmathurotsakul

Nov 1, 2019, 12:31:24 AM11/1/19
to Melio...@googlegroups.com

Dear everyone,

As announced, at the WMC 2019, we are holding 'IMN Committee Election 2019-2020' for at least 2 new committee members.

Objectives of the IMN committee include (1) To select the host and venue for World Melioidosis Congress (WMC) and European Melioidosis Network (EMN), (2) To guide and support the host of WMC and EMN, (3) To facilitate communication among member of IMS and people with an interest in melioidosis, and (4) To create awareness about melioidosis among medical and veterinary professionals, scientists, healthcare workers, policy makers and the general public in different parts of the world and to support the melioidosis research community. IMN committee aims to have the committee members balanced in terms of genders and countries.

Now, we would like you to nominate a candidate for the election (I plan to have it happen from Jan to Feb 2020)

Please email us a name of your candidate and CC him/her

Email us di...@tropmedres.ac; Bart....@menzies.edu.au; w.j.wi...@amc.uva.nl; pha...@tropmedres.ac [these executive members can peck at me and Phasith, so that we don’t miss or forget your email]

If your candidate is not yet confirmed prior to your nomination, we will cross check with him/her whether he/she is happy to be nominated.

The deadline for the nomination is 30th Nov 2019. (We will cross check for agreement from nominated persons during Dec 2019, and will announce the full list of candidates during the first week of Jan 2020)

Kind regards,

Direk

PS. If your friends and colleagues work or have an interest in melioidosis in anyway, and they are not in IMN (this google group email list) yet, this is the time for you to email them (CC Pha...@tropmedres.ac) and ask them to check with Phasith directly to add he/she into this google group email list.

Duen-Wei Hsu

Nov 13, 2019, 3:18:38 AM11/13/19
to melio...@googlegroups.com
Dear Direk,

I am more than happy to nominate Prof. Ya-Lei Chen, National Kaohsiung Normal University, Taiwan,  as a candidate for the committee. Prof Chen has dedicated whole his scientific life in melioidosis in Taiwan for more than 20 years. With his experience and knowledge I have no doubt that he will be contributing a lots to the field.

Best regards,

Duen-Wei

Direk Limmathurotsakul

Jan 3, 2020, 2:43:48 AM1/3/20
to Melio...@googlegroups.com

Dear everyone,

I would like to update that there will be a delay in the process for IMN Committee (for Election).

This is because the number of nominees is not high and it is with in the range that IMN Committee need to discuss further for the process to do (with in the process that we have set a priori in case that the number of nominees is not high).

Due to some additional processes and Holiday season, the update on the process for IMN Committee selection needs some more time, and I will update everyone again for the final conclusion among the committee.

Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year

Direk