Do anyone have any VDO or training materials that we can share? or put it on website?

Direk

Jul 8, 2020, 10:49:28 PM7/8/20
to Melioidosis.info
Dear everyone,

We were requested by colleagues in Bangladesh that they want to develop an online course/training for their medical and laboratory staff to raise awareness of signs, symptoms, laboratory diagnosis/sample collection, and treatment for melioidosis. They asked me whether we have any materials to share. Although, this is also partially due to COVID-19, I can feel that this is a good opportunity to ask the whole community. Certainly, any training materials available can be re-used for any training in the future in any other countries in the future.

[1] Therefore, does anyone have any material for any kind of training for melioidosis that can be shared (either as open-access or restricted use)?

[1.1] If it can be open-access, we would be more than happy to host/co-host at www.melioidosis.info (For example, some posters, pamphlets, documents, SOP and YouTube VDOs that are already shared on www.melioidosis.info). I can only feel that we need more.

[1.2] If you/your team prefer that your materials are shared per agreement or only for internal use (i.e. not making them open-access), we can certainly do that. For example, we can just list their availability on the website, and support the communication for any team who want to use them to contact the source (or contact person) directly. I think that It's good to let everyone at least know that those materials are available. (or you can leave your files with www.melioidosis.info, but it will not be open-access; any team can contact us directly, we can provide download links to them based on your conditions) (or with any other possible ways of sharing that you wish to)

I am wondering whether videos recorded during workshop of previous WMCs can be made available under this category somehow. If those videos are available with any host organizers; please let us know and we can try to discuss possible mechanisms to make it useful for any big and small training for melioidosis in any countries in the future.

[1.3] If your materials are in local languages, that would even be more helpful for people speaking the same language. Please don't feel uncomfortable to share it. We can also find a way to make subtitles or translate when possible and/or needed.

We will definitely acknowledge the sources, and always put the direct links to the sources, when available. We can/will put disclaimers that the training materials are based on information and knowledge at the time of previous training or at the time when the materials were created; and put some warnings for users to understand their potential limitations and always seek up-to-date guidelines, for example.

Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.
I will be looking forward to hearing from any of you.

Thank you very much indeed.

Kind regards,
Direk

Robert Norton

Jul 9, 2020, 6:47:53 PM7/9/20
to melio...@googlegroups.com, Natkunam Ketheesan

Hi Direk

We have the clips as listed below. These will be ready in August. You may recall some of this was shown at the melio Congress in Hanoi.

6 Versions of video with English subtitles and without the subtitles:

1. Melioidosis animation only (without diabetes animation)

2. All Animation (melioidosis + diabetes)

3. All Animation (melioidosis+ diabetes) AND the interview clips

Please let me know if this is suitable

Best wishes

Robert

Dr Robert Norton

Director of Microbiology and Pathology

Townsville University Hospital

100, Angus Smith Drive,

Douglas,

Townsville, Queensland 4814

Australia

Tel: (+61) 07 4433 3446

Mobile: (+61) 0419672617

Fax: (+61) 07 44332415

Email: Robert...@health.qld.gov.au

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information and may be protected by copyright. You must not use or disclose them other than for the purposes for which they were supplied. The privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, retain, forward or reproduce this message or any attachments. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by return email or telephone and destroy and delete all copies. Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.

Queensland Health carries out monitoring, scanning and blocking of emails and attachments sent from or to addresses within Queensland Health for the purposes of operating, protecting, maintaining and ensuring appropriate use of its computer network.

Direk Limmathurotsakul

Jul 10, 2020, 2:32:30 AM7/10/20
to Robert Norton, Natkunam Ketheesan, melio...@googlegroups.com

Dear Rob,

That’s great. We will be looking forward to those clips.

If they are made open-access; we will note their availability on www.melioidosis.info and put the links to those clips (either from YouTube/your university website). If they are available for internal use in anyway, we will check with you for conditions after the files are ready.

Thank you very much again.

Kind regards,

Direk

Frank

Jul 10, 2020, 2:35:38 AM7/10/20
to melio...@googlegroups.com, Natkunam Ketheesan
Dear Robert,
We would very much like to see and use these clips when they are ready.

--
Best regards, Frank

Frank Smithuis
Associate Professor Oxford University
Director
Medical Action Myanmar (MAM)
Myanmar Oxford Clinical Research Unit (MOCRU)
Mobile phone : 95 - 9 - 5093301