InBios Clinical Research Coordinator

David Dance

Sep 20, 2021, 5:01:20 AM9/20/21
to melio...@googlegroups.com, Denise McClaren, Syamal Raychaudhuri, Aarthy Vallur

Dear All

You may have seen back in July that Direk sent out a job ad from InBios who are looking for a Clinical Research Co-ordinator to oversee the next phases of the evaluation of their rapid diagnostic test for melioidosis, the AMD Plus.

Although there were some expressions of interest, for which InBios was very grateful, the current climate means that that there is a high preference for the person concerned to be US-based or already have a work permit for the US.  InBios usually considers and sponsors visas for qualified candidates, but is hesitant to promise that this would be possible in the current situation, with the pandemic-induced difficulties in consular activities and ever-changing travel restrictions.

We desperately need better diagnostics for melioidosis.  I have personally been involved in early evaluations of the AMD test and am convinced that it shows promise.  However, further work is needed and I have agreed to act as a consultant to InBios, so whoever is appointed to this post would work closely with me.

The key is to find someone who already has an interest in melioidosis and knowledge of the field and who ideally already has experience in coordinating multi-centre clinical studies or evaluations.  The appointment would be for a year in the first instance but could be extended if necessary. Some travel to endemic sites may be required.

I would like to encourage anyone who thinks they might be interested in being involved in this exciting project to complete the form accessed through the link in the appended PDF.  I will look forward to working closely with the successful applicant!

Best wishes

David Dance

Prof. David Dance, MB, ChB, MSc, FRCPath

Honorary Visiting Research Fellow

Centre for Tropical Medicine and Global Health

University of Oxford

Honorary Professor

Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

Mail:  dav...@tropmedres.ac
Mobile: +44 7773331065

CRC Melioidosis opening 2021_fornatted for internal posting DL with link to apply.pdf

Dr K. Brown

Sep 20, 2021, 9:44:33 PM9/20/21
to melio...@googlegroups.com
Dear David,

Could I arrange a Zoom chat about this position and some of
my ongoing work that relates our diagnostic and geospatial
mapping activities. We are soon going to go "live" with our
maps and it would be nice to speak with you about what we have been
doing.

And I am still up for a glanders review paper...

Kindest regards as always,
Kate
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/melioidosis/F550661F-5E8B-4D6D-B331-6FE933D725B0%40tropmedres.ac
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/melioidosis/F550661F-5E8B-4D6D-B331-6FE933D725B0%40tropmedres.ac?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Ho Lam Nguyen

Sep 21, 2021, 10:40:04 PM9/21/21
to melio...@googlegroups.com, Denise McClaren, Syamal Raychaudhuri, Aarthy Vallur
Dear Prof. David Dance,

Thanks for your email.

I come from Vietnam, one of the endemic countries of melioidosis. At my workplace, I frequently take care of many patients with pulmonary melioidosis (I am a pulmonologist). Therefore, I am interested particularly in this disease.

As you know, early identification of melioidosis is very important to initiate the appropriate antibiotics to prevent the high mortality. We try our best to resolve this issue with our experience about melioidosis without any early diagnostic test (the confirmed case of melioidosis depends on the isolated result of Burkholderia pseudomallei) but I have perceived it ineffectively. Therefore, I believe that the rapid diagnostic test for melioidosis is necessary for our instance.

I would like to be joined this project (looking for the rapid diagnostic test for melioidosis is my main purpose which could improve our ability in early diagnosis of melioidosis). Unluckily, I was refused when applying for this job from Inbios.

So I email you to obtain your permission which could support me to take part in this project.
Thanks again and best wishes,
Lam Nguyen-Ho

Nguyen Ho Lam, MD
University of Medicine and Pharmacy
217 Hong Bang, Dist 5, Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
Tel: 84 9 03275681