EMC 2022 - update

Direk Limmathurotsakul

Dec 21, 2021, 8:49:09 PM12/21/21
to melio...@googlegroups.com

Dear everyone,

On behalf of Prof Ivo, I would like to update the plan and annoucement of EMC 2022.

The website for EMC 2022 is launched!

emc 2022 – European Melioidosis Congress

The date is still set to be 16-18th May 2022.

The abstract deadline is 31st Mar 2022.

“Don’t worry, this first website version will only contain limited information and topics such as committees, logistics, accommodation etc. will follow from beginning of January onwards. As you might remember, we aim to create a program which attracts both scientists from the melioidosis and the glanders community.

We welcome contributions on melioidosis and glanders in humans and animals. The scope includes: Clinical aspects, Diagnostics, Antibiotic Treatment and Resistance, Epidemiology, Genomics, Pathogenesis, Immune Response, Environmental Aspects (B. pseudomallei), Vaccine and Prevention.

We do hope that we will have a significant number of participants here in Graz, but of course will be prepared for a Hybrid Meeting. Since nobody can predict what will happen we will also consider an online only meeting as a worst case scenario. Anyway, let’s hope for the best!  ”

Happy Holidays,

Direk

Prasanta R. Mohapatra

Dec 21, 2021, 8:55:35 PM12/21/21
to melio...@googlegroups.com

Excellent decision to have a hybrid conference; this will bring cheers for the participant (from developing countries), who otherwise couldn’t have participated.

With Kind regards,

Prasanta R Mohapatra, MD, FRCP(London), FRCP (Glasg), FACP(USA), FCCP(USA), FIDSA(USA),ATSF(USA)  FICS, FICP, FAPSR.

Professor and Head,  Dept of Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care,

AII India Institute of Medical Sciences,Bhubaneswar-751019, India

Certified Medical Oncologist (trained at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai)
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prasanta_Mohapatra
Contact (Emergency) Cell:+91- 9438884288