Fwd: a hackers threat

Ahmed Khan

Apr 7, 2011, 11:46:57 AM4/7/11
to meko...@googlegroups.com
Dear All & Dmitri,
This is Ahmed Abidur Razzaque Khan/Rumee. I met you Mekong ICT camp last year.
As you know I am PhD Candidate of Human Rights & Peace Studies
Program at Mahidol University Salaya Campus-73170 Bangkok, Thailand.

3/4 days earlier I got a phone call from my former bosses that my
yahoo mail have been hacked that night with the signature as below
Ahmed Abid
PhD Student
Human Rights & Peace Studies Mahidol University Salaya Campus-73170 Bangkok
Thailand

I sent some people mail that night to make aware of that mail and next
nigh as well mentioning that please ignore my earlier mail re. request
for money, if they got any.
I lost 3000 + data from my yahoo mail.

Then I sent a mail to that Hacker in <aarum...@ymail.com> account
and got a threat as below.
I will hack yours if you do not beg right away and hack more things
about you than you can ever imagine. I would scatter your life totally
if you do not apologize now.

Could anybody help to solve this issue

From: Ahmed Khan <ah....@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:03:31
To: <aarum...@ymail.com>
Cc: ruwaid anwar<ruwaid...@hotmail.com>

who the hell you are
showing you as  Ahmed Khan with an Address: 6 Abemarle Street,London,
UK and fucking my mail & trying to cheat my cousin...do you know net
law & there are super hacker more than you...

--
AHMED ABID
www.move-media.org

--
AHMED ABID
www.move-media.org
www.thedreamingvendorsfilm.com

Ahmed Khan

Apr 8, 2011, 12:24:54 AM4/8/11
to Day Next Door, meko...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.
Ahmed

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Day Next Door <dayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Ahmed,
> Herewith some step you can try to fix this
> 1. Try to change this account password (if still can)
> 2. Remove this your Yahoo account from all your registration: mailing list,
> FB, Twitter....
> 3. Report to Yahoo Abuse
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/abuse.html
> Cheers,
> Day
> VTE Laos

> -----Original Message----- From: Ahmed Khan

> Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:46 PM
> To: meko...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [mkict] Fwd: a hackers threat

> --
> Mekong ICT Camp group mail
> To post, send email to meko...@googlegroups.com
> More options, visit http://groups.google.com/group/mekongict

Day Next Door

Apr 8, 2011, 3:45:19 PM4/8/11
to meko...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 08:07, Day Next Door <dayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Ahmed,
> Herewith some step you can try to fix this
> 1. Try to change this account password (if still can)
> 2. Remove this your Yahoo account from all your registration: mailing list,
> FB, Twitter....
> 3. Report to Yahoo Abuse
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/abuse.html

inform all of people in your contact list to be aware of it.

in the case that you successfully able to get back your e-mail account,
if you ever tied this Yahoo account with any other service,
change all the passwords, re-authenticate everything.

make sure that you login thru secure channel, like HTTPS.
(not sure if BlackBerry do this, you should check).

and threatening approach will definitely never work.