economics

Mo Morsi

Feb 2, 2014, 11:33:10 AM2/2/14
to omega...@googlegroups.com
Saw this one a few days back relating to another sci-fi universe:

http://games-beta.slashdot.org/story/14/01/28/2143259/largest-yet-eve-online-battle-destroys-200000-worth-of-starships

From wikipedia:

"Economics is a social science that studies how rational individuals,
groups, and organizations (called economic actors, players, or agents),
manage scarce resources..."

When you control your own universe, you control the scarcity of
resources in it :-)

Related to the creation... or rather destruction of goods of value, I
just pushed a patch improving the ships attack / destruction graphics. A
video of it in action can be seen here:

https://github.com/movitto/omega/commit/1ed6cf31232a33e1940199a0c3db14f2420c9b61
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZORWn_4LGrQ&feature=youtu.be

There is still work left TBD, including improving the graphics of the
actual particles emitted and adding other effects such as shockwave and
smoke particles, but these can easily be added by expanding what's
currently in place. I recently split out each web ui graphic effect into
its own class so it should be relatively easy to isolate changes to
specific effects.

Well that's it for now, am planning on doing another blog post w/ this
update + some content relating to using the ShaderParticleEmitter for
various purposes. After that there are a couple of higher priority items
I need to address including incorporating the feedback from FLOSS (eg
creating a tutorial among other things), improving the user interaction
& page navigation, and continuing to improve gfx.

Oh ya and watching the superbowl too :-)

Take care,
-Mo

Mo Morsi

Feb 5, 2014, 7:34:37 AM2/5/14
to omega...@googlegroups.com

http://blog.omegaverse.info/posts/new-attack-gfx.html

> After that there are a couple of higher priority items
> I need to address including incorporating the feedback from FLOSS (eg
> creating a tutorial among other things),

Updated:

https://github.com/movitto/omega/wiki
https://github.com/movitto/omega/wiki/Using-the-Web-UI

> improving the user interaction
> & page navigation, and continuing to improve gfx.

Being worked on (along w/ updating tests)

> Oh ya and watching the superbowl too :-)

Watched :-)

-Mo