noob question - why does :urlname fail in the console?

Dennis Woo

Jul 19, 2017, 11:22:27 AM7/19/17
to Meetup API
I'm in the heat of a hackathon so I'm just learning this API. On this simple get:

https://api.meetup.com/Seattle-Spark-Meetup

it's returning

No API method exists with a path like /Seattle-Spark-Meetup. Try clicking one of the methods to the right.

but it's fine returning something like:

/find/groups?text=seattle-spark

HTTP/1.1 200 success {
/The urlname is clearly "Seattle-Spark-Meetup" -- why am I getting the error not just for this instance but any :urlname?

adTHANKSvance

dennis!

Doug Tangren

Jul 19, 2017, 1:50:07 PM7/19/17
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dennis,

:urlname services as path variable in the request within the console. The form fields in the console allow you do provide a value for that variable. I think this is what you are looking for

dennis!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.