Modifying guest_limit through the API

Phokus

Oct 10, 2011, 7:38:44 PM10/10/11
to Meetup API
I'm looking to edit/set the guest_limit when creating an event through
the API.

If I provide the argument (guest_limit=50 say) to either POST /2/
event/:id or POST /2/event , I don't get an error, but the field isn't
updated. I can read it using the GET without a problem if I tack on
fields=rsvp_rules to the request.

I know it's not listed as a supported field in the documentation for
either interface; but neither are a large number of other fields that
I'd imagine I'd want to generate automatically if I used them and was
creating events through the API (e.g. fee, event host). So I thought
I'd try it, but as I said above, to no avail.

Are the interfaces limited purely to the fields listed in the
documentation (assuming yes I guess)

Are there any plans to add support for additional fields through these
two POST interfaces (or is there some other interface that I'm
completely missing?)

Nathan @ Meetup

Oct 13, 2011, 4:47:31 PM10/13/11
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
The interfaces are limited to fields documented, unless there is a documentation bug. In this case the documentation is correct, the field is not supported, but we can add it. When that is complete we'll post an announcement here.

Nathan @ Meetup

Nathan @ Meetup

Oct 14, 2011, 8:14:04 PM10/14/11
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Support for guest_limit on /2/event POST is now live:
http://www.meetup.com/meetup_api/docs/2/event/#create

Nathan @ Meetup

Richard

Oct 23, 2012, 9:09:19 PM10/23/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if there is a follow up to this request.  Allowing the API more control in creating events.  Setting host, fee, pay type, rsvp_limit.

Doug Tangren

Oct 24, 2012, 8:23:01 AM10/24/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Richard <richar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering if there is a follow up to this request.  Allowing the API more control in creating events.  Setting host, fee, pay type, rsvp_limit.

There is still an open ticket for this.

The event create method was originally designed to model the basic form of event create members may have access to on the group home page. The more advanced features should and will eventually also be enabled in the API at some point. I will post to the list as they are available.

On Friday, October 14, 2011 5:14:04 PM UTC-7, Nathan @ Meetup wrote:
Support for guest_limit on /2/event POST is now live:
http://www.meetup.com/meetup_api/docs/2/event/#create

Nathan @ Meetup

Richard

Oct 25, 2012, 1:29:48 AM10/25/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Harry Bosh

Sep 5, 2018, 9:53:00 AM9/5/18
to Meetup API
Now that we cannot update guest_limit through the website, what is the best way to do this?

I cannot seem to get guest_limit from events

On Thursday, 25 October 2012 16:29:48 UTC+11, meetup newbie wrote:
Thank you.