Has my IP 167.99.99.190 been blocked?

Troy Deck

Oct 29, 2019, 9:28:36 AM10/29/19
to Meetup API
First, let me begin by saying that I know that API key authentication has gone away, and that the v2 APIs have gone away. This question is unrelated as far as I can tell.

I've built a small web-based tool for a nonprofit at ally.sfhumanists.org. This tool authenticates with Meetup using OAuth. This has worked fine for months, but now when my site goes to exchange an auth code for an access token it gets a very terse 403 response. If I repeat the same request with curl you can see it has only these headers and no body:
< HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
< Server: Varnish
< Retry-After: 0
< Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 03:35:16 GMT
< Via: 1.1 varnish
< Connection: close

If I take the same request (e.g. pull the auth code out of my logs) and curl it from my own machine, or if I run the site from my own development machine, it works fine. This is why I think there's some kind of IP block here. Interestingly, once I get an access token I am able to curl other APIs from my server just fine with that token.

My site has been running for a long time on this static IP and has very few users, and it should be sending almost no traffic to Meetup .Can someone look into why this is happening? I contacted the help center (request #593117) but they weren't helpful at all, and basically said they don't offer any support for the API. As far as I can tell the only option is to get a new server IP from DigitalOcean, but if I'm inadvertently doing something to get me blocked then that won't be a long-term solution, and it's a pretty big pain.

Can someone at Meetup check your logs for me?

Thanks,

Troy

P.S.This looks like several old threads in this very forum: