Admin API Error code 454

Minal Chotalal

Jul 30, 2022, 2:10:16 PM7/30/22
to meetecho-janus
Hi everyone,

I am currently working on the Admin API Part.
I checked the documentation and followed it to configure my admin/monitoring page access. I got into the admin.html page successfully but I don't understand why I am receiving error on localhost:7088/admin...

The page shows :
   "janus": "error",
        "error": {
                 "code": 454,
                 "reason": "Request payload missing"
          }
}

I understood that error 454 is "The payload is not a valid JSON message."; I've seen it in janus documentation, but there is no information about how to solve this error... I am a bit confused and don't know how to solve it...

Also, when I go to localhost:8088/janus/*session_id* I find a different error :
  "janus": "error",
   "transaction": "upqxHWnqqZQ",
        "error": {
                 "code": 458,
                 "reason": "Session not found"
          }
}
This is very weird as I literally copied the session_id from the monitoring page and pasted on the url... I genuinely don't know how to solve this. I have checked the janus documentation aswell and I cannot find any solution or guide to solve these 2 errors...

Can someone help me please?

Kind Regards,

Minal Chotalal

Mirko Brankovic

Jul 31, 2022, 2:59:39 AM7/31/22
to meetecho-janus
How does your request to admin api looks like?

Minal Chotalal

Jul 31, 2022, 7:23:41 AM7/31/22
to meetecho-janus
Hi,

I'm sorry, where can I see my request to admin API?
I can access to the admin.html page...

Minal Chotalal

Jul 31, 2022, 7:27:26 AM7/31/22
to meetecho-janus
  I literally don't understand how, when and where to send or see an Admin API request ...
I'm sorry for these dumb questions but this seems really very confusing... I've read the documentation multiple times and I still don't understand what to do and how... :c

Mirko Brankovic

Aug 1, 2022, 4:08:32 AM8/1/22
to meetecho-janus
Are you using janus html admin.js?

--
Regards,
Mirko

Minal Chotalal

Aug 1, 2022, 7:29:55 AM8/1/22
to meetecho-janus
I am using admin.js

Mirko Brankovic

Aug 1, 2022, 8:27:04 AM8/1/22
to meetecho-janus
try to send post request via Postman or any other tool:
image.png

so info request in body is the simplest, if that works either you have incompatible admin.js or you modified it

--
Regards,
Mirko

Minal Chotalal

Aug 2, 2022, 10:47:31 AM8/2/22
to meetecho-janus
Hi Mirko,

Wow! It did work with Postman! Thank you so much!
But, can you help me solve the issue when sending a Request through Admin API ?
Basically, at the "Janus WebRTC Server : Admin Monitor" page, I access through password. After that I go to Plugins-> janus.plugin.streaming and put the name value and type and build my request like that. After that I press send message and this appears :
unknown.png
But, via Postman everything is normal!

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Minal Chotalal

Mirko Brankovic

Aug 2, 2022, 11:56:03 AM8/2/22
to meetecho-janus
Aah this one should be construction of  message_plugin admin api requests, so look it up on docs

It was a long time i used it for listing and destroying rooms in videoroom.
Check in the network tab when you inspect client side, should be janus: message_plugin and then in request: payload json that will be sent to plugin it self, like you would do normally to that plugin, but not all requests are supported...

Hope it helps