Streaming plugin + data channel

Dror Weiss

Feb 27, 2023, 8:15:52 AM2/27/23
to meetecho-janus
Hi,

I've setup streaming plugin with a custom Javascript code (i.e. not using janus.js), including a data channel with a `text` format.

I was going to send messages over that channel yet I've noticed that while streaming I get incoming messages, which stop coming when the streaming is stopped.
The Javascript debugger says the it's an ArrayBuffer (despite the text format I've configured it with), and I can't decode it.

Can you please shed light on this behavior and perhaps explain what am I doing wrong with the message format?

Thanks,
Dror

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 27, 2023, 10:29:13 AM2/27/23
to meetecho-janus
You're right, it seems to be sending a binary thingie instead of text. It works as expected in 0.x, so it may be a problem that happened in the transition to multistream. I'll have a look.

L.

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 27, 2023, 10:40:24 AM2/27/23
to meetecho-janus
There was indeed a problem, since we were ignoring the configured property when creating the room, which resulted in all mountpoints falling back to the default (binary). Fixed in the latest commit on the branch: https://github.com/meetecho/janus-gateway/commit/32d4b3a390226deb8b6578526c5eca452368bb42

Thanks for spotting this!
Lorenzo

Dror Weiss

Feb 27, 2023, 10:53:56 AM2/27/23