How to bring video from janus server to browser

Divyansh Jain

Feb 7, 2023, 6:34:19 AM2/7/23
to meetecho-janus
Hi,
I want to stream cameras to the browser,
And what I believe the path should be is, I should send data from gstreamer and then send it through janus to the browser.

And in this process, I am locally able to send camera stream to localhost:8000 and view it in janus demos section.
And now I want to send the data from janus server to my webpage and watch it there.
How should I proceed for this?

{ After some research, I thought I need janode api to do this. And I tried to install it using the official github repo instructions but they are pretty unclear and I am not able to do anything with that. And I am not able to run janode. So I am stuck on that also if that is the right path. }

I would highly appreciate if anyone can help me out here.
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Divyansh

Alessandro Toppi

Feb 7, 2023, 9:35:35 AM2/7/23
to meetecho-janus
First of all, your gstreamer app must send a RTP stream to a Janus streaming mountpoint.
If you want to use janode (and the Janus API directly) then take a look at janode "streaming" sample app under examples/streaming.
That is a very basic web app (node.js server + html/js client) that uses janode to perform WebRTC streaming from janus to a browser.