data channels with streaming plugin

Srinivas Bakki

Feb 21, 2023, 7:33:14 AM2/21/23
to meetecho-janus
Hi,
my use case needs me to stream rtp while receiving commands from the users subscribed on the streams. i read that data channels are unidirectional in the streaming plugin, i'e the data in the direction from the subscriber is dropped. How do i transmit data ? any suggestions on modifying the plugin or any other plugin i can use in parallel ?

Thanks,
Srinivas

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 21, 2023, 9:08:55 AM2/21/23
to meetecho-janus
You can use the TextRoom plugin, which can be configured to forward incoming messages to an HTTP backend as well.

L.

Srinivas Bakki

Feb 22, 2023, 3:42:55 AM2/22/23
to meetecho-janus
Thank you, how can i add two data channels with textroom ? taking a peer connection object from plugin handle and creating channels should work ? I mean out of band channels.