JANUS-GATEWAY plugin streaming for AV1 codac

Jaswanth K

Feb 17, 2023, 12:58:16 AM2/17/23
to meetecho-janus
Hi,

Please help me to support AV1 codec.
I am developing live stream using janus-gateway. I have two servers. both are ubuntu 20.04. One server(privavte ip: 192.168.1..102) has camera connected to it. another one(Private ip is 192.168.1.101 and public ip is 10.XX.XX.XXX) has internet(can communicate to outside world). I am running below gst pipeline on the server where camera is attached and on other server I have configured janus-gateway. But I am unable to get live streaming using below setup. The solution is working if I am using h264/h265/vp8/vp9 codec.

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc pattern=snow ! videoconvert ! clockoverlay ! nvvidconv ! nvv4l2av1enc enable-headers=1 bitrate=1000000 ! rtpgstpay! udpsink host=192.168.1.101 port=5014

janus.plugin.straming.jcfg:
rtp-front: {
    type = "rtp"
    id = 1
    description = "front"
    audio = false
    video = true
    videoport = 5014
    videopt = 100
    videortpmap = "GST/90000"
    secret = "adminpwd"
}

I usually test live streaming using a small web application. The same I have attached in this mail. This web application runs in my laptop. The same solution is working if the payload is h264/vp8/vp9/h265.

I have placed this application(attached 3 files) in home directory(/home/jaswanth/janusdemo) and the nginx setup is as below

server {
        listen 8081;
       server_name local.net;
        location ~ ^/livestreamtest/(.*)$ {
                alias /home/jaswanth/janusdemo/$1;

        }

}

I used to launch web application using http://localhost:8081/livestreamtest/streamingtest.html

Could you please help me to make it work.
Br,
Jaswanth K
8971636800
streamingtest.html.txt

Jaswanth K

Feb 17, 2023, 1:00:00 AM2/17/23
to meetecho-janus
Two more files are attached which are part of web application.
janus.js.txt
streamingtest.js.txt

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 17, 2023, 5:24:22 AM2/17/23
to meetecho-janus
rtpgstpay is not a valid AV1-RTP packetizer. To my knowledge, GStreamer still doesn't have plugins to make RTP packets of AV1.

L.

Jaswanth K

Feb 17, 2023, 8:13:33 AM2/17/23
to Lorenzo Miniero, meetecho-janus
Thanks for the response.
What about janus.plugin.streaming.jcfg file which I have configured. is that correct?
Can you please review it once.

janus.plugin.straming.jcfg:
rtp-front: {
    type = "rtp"
    id = 1
    description = "front"
    audio = false
    video = true
    videoport = 5014
    videopt = 100
    videortpmap = "GST/90000"
    secret = "adminpwd"
}

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 17, 2023, 9:10:09 AM2/17/23
to meetecho-janus
I have no idea what GST/90000 is, so no. Browsers will reject it.

L.

Jonathan Müller

Feb 22, 2023, 11:20:01 AM2/22/23
to meetecho-janus
Would'nt the rtpav1pay and rtpav1depay plugins mentioned here help?

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 23, 2023, 4:39:13 AM2/23/23
to meetecho-janus
They're very recent and to my knowledge not widely available as of yet. It's not part of any gstreamer package I have on Fedora 37, for instance.

L.

Tristan Matthews

Feb 23, 2023, 6:53:46 PM2/23/23
On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 4:39 AM Lorenzo Miniero <lmin...@gmail.com> wrote:
They're very recent and to my knowledge not widely available as of yet. It's not part of any gstreamer package I have on Fedora 37, for instance.

Indeed it's part of the rust plugin set: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-rs
which I don't think is widely available in distros yet (as Lorenzo points out).