Calling server-side programs

Jason Phillips

Aug 5, 2022, 1:49:15 PM8/5/22
to meetecho-janus
Hello! Easy question. Is it possible to call server-side programs via any existing janus plugin or configuration?  Seems to me that it will be necessary to create a custom C plugin (or extend duktape with a system call function/method, again in C), but I want to be sure before I create custom code in the server. We have to do things such as creating .nfo files for the player and call programs to update our corporate support server.

Yes, I absolutely know the risk of what I am asking. Extreme caution would be used to tightly lock down what a user could execute, limited only to one specific fully pathed script/program!

Lorenzo Miniero

Aug 6, 2022, 10:09:16 AM8/6/22
to meetecho-janus
No plugin will do what you want, but using the Lua and Duktape plugins you can write scripts to launch applications without the need for custom extensions AFAIK (maybe Duktape does?), so I'd probably start with those.

L.