Issue latest Chrome

User Sense

Jan 6, 2022, 10:42:33 AM1/6/22
to meetecho-janus
Hello,

I've got a strange issue with Chrome dropping streams (remote stream muted -> removed) to which the client/browser is subscribed.

Situation
Videoroom with two publishers/subscribers. Publishing works fine, but when I subscribe to a stream. The subscribed stream works for about 10 seconds and gets muted, dropped.

Janus does not close the subscription, only the stream get muted -> removed. Problem only occurs in Chrome. If I use firefox or safari, the stream does not get dropped.

Anyone any idea?

Sarsaparilla Sunset

Jan 12, 2022, 5:59:17 PM1/12/22
to meetecho-janus
I actually may have run into this problem for a brief period of time.

Please check the version of the Janus server you're connecting to.  If it is from the multistream branch, make sure you use the janus.js from the multistream branch (and not the main branch).