Establishing SSL connection

AbdulRahman Yag

Jan 3, 2022, 5:50:15 AM1/3/22
to meetecho-janus
I am working on a project that uses a Linux web server with Nginx and janus installed on it. I am using raspberry pi as the streaming device, connecting to the server, and then viewing the video using an ios app.

When starting janus on the linux server, it says that HTTPS is enabled with secure port 8989. However, when I connect to the server through RPI, the terminal on RPI says "SSL is not enabled for the Streaming Server. Using unsecure HTTP". I am using this link tostream to the server: http://0.0.0.0:8080/janus?gateway_url=https%3A%2F%2F"server_url"%3A8089%2F&gateway_root=%2Fjanus&room=1234&admin_key=&room_pin=&username=RPI&token=&proxy_host=&proxy_port=80&proxy_password=&proxy_bypass=&create_room=1&publish=1&hw_vcodec=1&vformat=60&subscribe=0&reconnect=1&action=Start'

Bagus Facsi Aginsa

Jan 25, 2022, 9:43:22 PM1/25/22
to meetecho-janus
if you enabling SSL in nginx, do not activate the SSL in janus. Let the Nginx handle the SSL, and then forward the traffic using plain ws/http to janus. Check this out:  Basic Janus Configuration with SSL Enabled | facsiaginsa.com
Message has been deleted

AbdulRahman Yag

Jan 31, 2022, 7:47:03 AM1/31/22
to meetecho-janus
Thank you for the reply. I followed the instructions in the link, and I am able to connect Nginx server and view the HTML, but when I click "start" it gives me  "Probably a network error, is the server down?: [object Object]". I am not sure why Nginx is not able to communicate with Janus. can it be the firewall? I followed your other tutorial on "How to Configure Janus Behind NAT" but still not working.
Any ideas what might be the issue ?

Bagus Facsi Aginsa

Feb 9, 2022, 11:07:20 PM2/9/22
to meetecho-janus
Can you confirm that the janus already running? "service janus status", and it is running on port 8088 (for http) and 8188 (for ws)?