Streaming Plugin :: Only video packet loss

Nigam Patel

Nov 26, 2021, 7:50:57 AM11/26/21
to meetecho-janus
Hello,

We use Janus Media Server for RTSP Camera Streaming for that we use Janus Streaming Plugin.

The streaming working perfect in Laptop/Computer in LAN

When we access the camera from outside network(3 MB/s)  then audio stream working as expected but video stream are not streaming.

The quality of camera stream is 352*288 still we face the problem.

The complete Janus Admin Panel Log mention In Below Link:

Please help me.

Lorenzo Miniero

Nov 26, 2021, 10:51:19 AM11/26/21
to meetecho-janus
Very likely an MTU issue. Configure the camera to send smaller packets.

L.

Nigam Patel

Nov 30, 2021, 5:41:41 AM11/30/21
to meetecho-janus
Hello Sir,
Is you know where to configure this packets size ?

Lorenzo Miniero

Nov 30, 2021, 6:34:40 AM11/30/21
to meetecho-janus
That depends on the media sender, it's not something Janus does for you. FFmpeg and GStreamer have ways to set it, if it's a hardware camera maybe there's a setting somewhere.

L.

Nigam Patel

Dec 13, 2021, 8:57:51 AM12/13/21
to meetecho-janus
Hello Sir,

We found problem in only safari as mention in below attachment.. We are stuck here we not find out the problem is it from Janus or Camera vendor ?

Please help us sir on this....
Camera Streaming Flow Diagram.pdf

Lorenzo Miniero

Dec 13, 2021, 10:25:32 AM12/13/21
to meetecho-janus
Probably Safari doesn't like the profile, then. Override it when creating the mountpoint:

L.

Nigam Patel

Dec 13, 2021, 11:57:09 PM12/13/21
to meetecho-janus
Sir we already configure the H264 codec with Base Profile( 42e01f  )

Nigam Patel

Dec 14, 2021, 9:11:48 AM12/14/21
to meetecho-janus
Hello Sir,

When I debug my application we found the 'Long poll...' and 'slow link' for a particular camera(Viola Camera) another camera (Hikvision) work.

From another Janus question, I found that when packet loss then fire 'slow link'.

How to find where the packet is lost?

Meonardo

Feb 18, 2022, 10:27:15 AM2/18/22
to meetecho-janus
Hello, Lorenzo, sorry to bother!
Can I ask how did you sense its `MTU` issue?
Is it the `data_bytes` attribute in `in_stats`?
I saw the OP has paste `889 bytes` and I publish video in the videoroom plugin demo is about `1234 bytes`.
-----
Its possible that no packet lost(uplink) and janus still emit `slow_link` event?