playing back .mjr files

Clay Crosland

Dec 29, 2021, 5:27:52 PM12/29/21
to meetecho-janus
I looked for a way to play back the mjr files I created and saved from the videoroom plugin and found this thread:

I followed what jay suggested in the 4th post on that thread and am able to get the recordplay plugin to play the recordings I saved by manually creating a .nfo file with the pertinent information but only after stopping and restarting my janus service.  I'm not a C programmer but I looked through the plugin code and as best I could determine, it traverses all of the files in the recordings folder and creates a hashtable which is then used to return the list of files for the recordplay plugin.  I can also assume that when you create a new recording using the recordplay plugin, it appends that new recording to the hashtable which must just be stored in memory on the server because when I try playing my newly created recordings from the videoroom session, I get a "no such recording" error until I stop and start janus and it rebuilds the hashtable by traversing the folder.

If my assumptions are accurate, how can I add new recordings after I manually create my nfo file w/o having stop and start the service.  That thread I referenced was from over 5 years ago too, are there better ways to achieve what I am trying to achieve now?

TIA

Clay

Alessandro Amirante

Dec 29, 2021, 5:52:59 PM12/29/21
to Clay Crosland, meetecho-janus
The record&play "update" API is what you're looking for:

A.

Clay Crosland

Dec 29, 2021, 6:28:06 PM12/29/21
to meetecho-janus
that did it - thank you.  I guess I just assumed that the "update" button on the recordplay test did that for me but in fact, it only makes the call to "list" again.