Missing mandatory element (feed)

Mohammad Mohtashim

Jan 10, 2022, 6:11:52 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
Hi

I'm trying to test mvideoroomtest.html demo for multi-stream demo which is working fine if I'm connecting with wss://janus.conf.meetecho.com/ws  but when I'm changing it to my own Janus server then at the time of connecting second participant in the conference I'm getting following error:

Missing mandatory element (feed)

I'm using my own setup for Janus with version janus 0.11.7 and linking client side library from the URL: https://janus.conf.meetecho.com/janus.js

I tried all the way to debug the issue but could not get any clue why the same script is giving issue with my local Janus server where as it is working fine with meetecho server?

I will really appreciate any pointer to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards
Mohtashim

Mirko Brankovic

Jan 10, 2022, 6:23:13 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
For multistream JS client, you have to use janus multistream version and not 0.11.7

Mohammad Mohtashim

Jan 10, 2022, 7:02:50 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
Thank you sir for your help on this. May I know how Janus 0.11.7 version is different from janus  multistream version  and where I can download it from?

Mirko Brankovic

Jan 10, 2022, 7:08:19 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
It is new version that will support Multistream capabilities (and older way/non-multistream JS files, for now) and will soon be merged to master and will be upped in version string.
For now you have to get it from multistream brench

--
Regards,
Mirko

Lorenzo Miniero

Jan 10, 2022, 7:46:33 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
The proper link for multistream is this: https://github.com/meetecho/janus-gateway/pull/2211

L.

Mirko Brankovic

Jan 10, 2022, 8:06:42 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
ok that means that multistream branch is up to date with latest master (which means you have all changes from 0.11.7 merged into multistream, + 97 commits for multistream changes) it has to build some version string on this branch also :D

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 1:50 PM Mohammad Mohtashim <moht...@tutorialspoint.com> wrote:
Thank you very much Mirko for this support. I really appreciate your guidance to fix the issue.

I have cloned the given repository, compiled, installed and then restarted my server. Though it resolved my issue related to Missing mandatory element (feed) still I'm getting the same version:

Janus commit: 23b7c212cc89c8bb95fd67113acae9a86c65dc25
Compiled on:  Mon Jan 10 13:40:25 CET 2022

janus 0.11.7

--
Regards,
Mirko

Lorenzo Miniero

Jan 10, 2022, 8:35:00 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus
I've just modified the multistream branch so that it results as 1.0.0 (as it should), so it should be less confusing in the future.

Lorenzo

Mirko Brankovic

Jan 10, 2022, 9:19:36 AM1/10/22
to meetecho-janus