Janus is throwing an error Invalid url /ws/v1/cluster/apps/new-application and restarting

bugwheels94

Oct 30, 2018, 2:22:42 PM10/30/18
to meetecho-janus
Hi,

I am on version 0.5.0 and Janus runs for few hours but after that it restarts

The complete error is

Oct 29 09:18:30 GoBrunch janus[24878]: [ERR] [transports/janus_http.c:janus_http_handler:1215] Invalid url /ws/v1/cluster/apps/new-application

The more relavant syslogs are here https://pastebin.com/hnYiZRer

The complete logs are here and first logs are continuous but then logs vanish after this error for an hour or so at 30 Oct 2:50 am.

May you please guide us as where the things might be wrong.

PS: Is there any way to add timestamp to janus.log

Regards

Mirko Brankovic

Oct 31, 2018, 3:01:45 AM10/31/18
to meetech...@googlegroups.com
What is the base path you specified for this transport:
Looks like the path you are sending request to and path in config are not the same

bugwheels94

Oct 31, 2018, 10:05:05 AM10/31/18
to meetecho-janus
Hi Mirko,

I am not even using http transport at all. I am only using Websockets and connecting to this url ws://addr:8188/. There is no other party that is using http transport as far as I know since I am the only person touching it. I am only seeing it after updating to 0.5.0.

Lorenzo Miniero

Oct 31, 2018, 10:08:34 AM10/31/18
to meetecho-janus
The Janus version has nothing to do with that at all. It's an HTTP request that gets to Janus with a path Janus is not handling, hence the warning.
If you don't use HTTP, you may want to disable the plugin from janus.cfg, or not compile it at all next time.

L.

bugwheels94

Oct 31, 2018, 10:43:05 AM10/31/18
to meetecho-janus
Hi Lorenzo,

You are correct and I reported an error that cannot crash the server but I might be facing something severe. I have posted a new question here for anyone having any insights

Mirko Brankovic

Oct 31, 2018, 5:01:46 PM10/31/18
to meetech...@googlegroups.com
I see transports/janus_http.c in log complaining about path, so i think something is sending request there.
Maybe default admin http API ?
--
Regards,
Mirko

Lorenzo Miniero

Nov 1, 2018, 9:48:28 AM11/1/18
to meetecho-janus
As Alessandro said in response to another post, it looks like it's a common attack:

Try using a different port for the Janus HTTP stack.

Lorenzo
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to meetecho-janus+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Regards,
Mirko

bugwheels94

Nov 1, 2018, 12:13:40 PM11/1/18
to meetecho-janus
Yes, thanks for the solution to that. But however, I think that the crash that is happening is something unrelated to the attack. It again crashed 16 hours ago because of some segmentation fault AFAIK. Any ideas?
Regards,
Mirko