Pause and resume API for Video room

Binod Dokania

Jun 3, 2016, 7:47:06 AM6/3/16
to meetecho-janus
I have tried multiple syntax as per documentation available but none of them worked. Can someone please provide Pause and resume syntax for Video room plugin.

Lorenzo Miniero

Jun 3, 2016, 9:38:24 AM6/3/16
to meetecho-janus
What do you mean by pause/resume?

L.

Binod Dokania

Jun 4, 2016, 12:14:37 PM6/4/16
to meetecho-janus
In case a publisher want to pause/resume his feed so that listeners see last video feed only. I can see it is working in demo but that is available on context menu and I do not see call details for same. Hope it explain my scenario.

Lorenzo Miniero

Jun 4, 2016, 12:17:57 PM6/4/16
to meetecho-janus
There's no pause/resume in the plugin for that. Either mute the local video stream in JavaScript (will show a black screen to viewers until you unmute), or unpublish and re-publish later on.

L.

Mohammad Mohtashim

Jan 12, 2022, 1:29:38 PM1/12/22
to meetecho-janus
This question had been posted in 2016, but not sure if so far we have any good answer for this.

Yes in Javascript, can we stop and resume video in a room?