Switch Off/On Camera

Mohammad Mohtashim

Jan 13, 2022, 5:44:01 AM1/13/22
to meetecho-janus
Hi

I think this questions has popped up many times but so far there is no satisfactory answer on this.

My requirement is to Turn off the Camera and then Turn it on based on need. While going through the documentation, I came across the following request:

var request = {
   request: "configure",
   video : false  //( or true )
};
pluginHandle.send({ message: request });

This is works fine and remote users are not able to see my camera when it is off. But here is the problem....many a times it does not work. Actually may times I'm not getting onremotetrack event while sending the request. So finally many a times I'm not able to turn on or off the camera at remote side.

Kindly suggest if I'm doing something wrong? Do I need to send some other DSP request after configure request or I'm missing something else?

This is really needed to stop and resume the camera and need your help to fix my issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards
Mohtashim