Suggestion for solution

praveen homkar

Jan 31, 2023, 12:29:55 PM1/31/23
to meetecho-janus
Hi,

We have 2 requirements

1 >> One-way live streaming from an IP camera with video codec H.264 and audio codec
to Android and iOS apps and. browsers, there can be multiple recipients at the same time

2>> Two-way audio talkback between the camera and mobile app

For the first requirement, I believe it is possible using Janus, by running the Janus rtsp server on camera and  my understanding  is we must have a stun and turn server
for STUN we can use Google/CoTurn and for TURN may be CoTurn to get the public IP address and when TURN is used then Janus server will write the stream to Turn IP

Correct me if it is wrong to say stun/turn is mandatory.

My second question is, whether requirement 2 can be fulfilled or not.

Please provide your valuable suggestions on the right approach and my understanding

Any suggestion on processing and memory requirements of IP camera is also most welcome

Regards
Praveen

praveen homkar

Jan 31, 2023, 12:30:41 PM1/31/23
to meetecho-janus

g.711 is the audio codec used on camera

Lorenzo Miniero

Feb 1, 2023, 2:59:31 AM2/1/23
to meetecho-janus
STUN/TURN are not mandatory, but they're recommended to increase chances of connectivity. Notice I mean STUN/TURN for *users*, not Janus: Janus will most of the times be deployed with a public address, and in that case won't need them.

The RTSP support in Janus doesn't allow for bidirectional audio, since the Streaming plugin only supports camera-->Janus, not viceversa. It would be very hard to implement support for that, especially if you take into account you'd have multiple viewers and just a single RTSP session: if all of them want to talk back, what do you send to the camera?

L.

praveen homkar

Feb 14, 2023, 8:15:55 AM2/14/23
to meetecho-janus
Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for your reply, if we can restrict talk-back requests from only one APP, then there should not be any concern right?

Regards
Praveen