Stream working in go based media server but not work in Janus

Nigam Patel

Dec 21, 2021, 5:01:40 AM12/21/21
to meetecho-janus
Hello Janus Team,
We have a requirement to watch the live cameras from android, iPhone, and the web.
for that, we use a streaming plugin of Janus Server to stream the camera.
And this working prefect in android, web, and iPhone(below 15 IOS version).

But the problem is in IOS greater than 15 versions in iPhone.The issue is packet loss as seen in the Admin Panel of Janus.

We add the bug for it in past we did not find any solution to resolve the issue in iOS version 15 or above.

So finally we adopt this RTSPtoWebRTC Media Server to stream camera in iPhone and it works.

Both servers work on WebRTC so why does this work in  RTSPtoWebRTC and not work in Janus Media Server.

Now I have two servers(Janus and  RTSPtoWebRTC) to stream one camera in two environments.

Please define the problem of why it does not work in the Janus Media Server.

Alessandro Toppi

Dec 21, 2021, 10:25:00 AM12/21/21
to meetecho-janus
Please share the SDPs exchanged between the RTSP server and Janus and the SDPs between Janus and both a working and not working client.

Nigam Patel

Dec 22, 2021, 5:57:38 AM12/22/21
to meetecho-janus
For a complete Log, Please Refer to This Issue https://groups.google.com/g/meetecho-janus/c/W1xQhJLkn50/m/LtoSiJ63CwAJ mentioned all the things in this issue.

Thank You.

Nigam Patel

Dec 22, 2021, 5:59:56 AM12/22/21
to meetecho-janus
Janus Admin Log https://pastebin.com/U0GfRvZd

Alessandro Toppi

Dec 22, 2021, 12:01:15 PM12/22/21
to meetecho-janus
The only weird thing I can spot is a mismatch in the profile level id between Janus offer and client answer.
Janus is offering 42e01f (baseline 3.1) while the client is accepting 42e015 (baseline 2.1).
If the mountpoint kind is RTSP, then the offered profile will be the one that the RTSP source announces.
Instead in RTP mountpoints you can define a profile level id through the create api or configuration file.

Nigam Patel

Dec 23, 2021, 1:31:36 AM12/23/21
to meetecho-janus
First of all thanks for your support sir,

As per above comment do you mean that I need to remove the hardcoded profile that I configure at the time of mount point creation on Janus Server to  '42e01f '?

So how to find what profile is sent by the RTSP source?

What would be the solution for that sir?

Nigam Patel

Dec 24, 2021, 12:08:29 AM12/24/21
to meetecho-janus
Okay, I confirmed there is a profile issue from the RTSP source. RTSP Source produces H264 High-Level Profile and IOS does not support High-level Profile that is why streaming not working.

Again thanks for your response and also Lorenzo Sir.