RDSR creation from CT images using pixelmed.jar

David Platten

Feb 9, 2017, 11:11:52 AM2/9/17
to medical-imaging-radiation-dose-informatics
Dear Group,

I am working with OpenREM, and trying to create DICOM RDSR files from some older Toshiba CT scanners. These systems can't produce their own RDSRs, but I can get access to the images and the dose summary images.

I have been able to create basic RDSR files from the dose summary images that I have using com.pixelmed.doseocr.OCR in pixelmed.jar using a command similar to this:

java.exe -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Xss1m -cp pixelmed.jar -Djava.awt.headless=true com.pixelmed.doseocr.OCR - imageFolder imageFolder\sr.dcm

I would like to increase the information stored in the RDSR file by including useful data contained in the CT image tags, but can't work out how to use pixelmed.jar to do this. I have found that the following will extract information from a particular image, but I don't know how to incorporate the information in to an RDSR:

java.exe -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Xss1m -cp pixelmed.jar -Djava.awt.headless=true com.pixelmed.dose.CTIrradiationEventDataFromImages CTimageFile

Is anyone able to offer any help or advice on how I should proceed?

Many thanks,

David