Welcome

Gianluca Moro

Jul 16, 2011, 9:30:08 AM7/16/11
to medic...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the group,

first of all some links:

At the moment the working team is small, and the notes are here:

http://www.giammy.com/files/bci.html

Here I report the initial radmap from the previous document:

- acquire EE (Emotiv Epoc) data on PC via Emokit: should be as easy as
running the demo ... but sometimes there are troubles with the
decryption key!
- acquire EE (Emotiv Epoc) data on Android via Emokit: this needs a
porting to Android platform, in particular, verify the Android API for
Bluetooth Input.
- test EE and OpenVibe on Windows/Linux with official SDK: this should
be a plain task. Emotiv is officially supported on Windows, while on
Linux there’s a beta SDK (probably it can be asked by a SKD license
holder)
- write an acquisition server/driver for OpenVibe on Linux using
Emokit: the server building is documented. Interfacing Emokit to the
server should be a work of “data structure adaptation”
- write an acquisition server/driver for OpenVibe on Android using
Emokit: the porting of the previous work on Android.
run OpenVibe on Android (?): OpenViBE is an analizying tool. Is it
better to port OpenViBE on Android or take from OpenViBE the relavant
algorithms and implement on Android? (Probably this last option is
better!)
- identify 2/3 signals which a user can control (x/y axis, click):
this can be done on OpenViBE on Linux/Windows. When we have meaningful
data, we can try to duplicate them on Android
- interface those signal to I/O methods: to simulate mouse/joystick moving.
- USE I/O FOR MIND CONTROLLED INPUT!: and now ... the work can start!
use the previous software to realize something!

We are starting to write some software for Android: at the moment just
a Bluetooth scanner to learn how to use the Bluetooth interface -
available here:

https://github.com/giammy/bscan

Any collaboration is welcome!

bye