Emotiv EPOC interface to OpenVibe and EEGLab

Gianluca Moro

Nov 5, 2011, 9:34:18 AM11/5/11
to medic...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I just added a section in my report (see last news
athttp://giammy.com/?q=node/42)
The new part is section "Emotiv to OpenVibe and EEGLab"
inhttp://www.giammy.com/files/bci.pdf
Here I report the conclusion paragraph:
The two proposed tools give us the possibility to have EEG
dataavailable in OpenVibe or EEGLab. At the moment the scenario is:-
getting the raw data from Emotiv EPOC via Research Edition SDK or
Emokit- store the data on file for post-elaboration- build a server
and stream the data via socket in realtime- or both ... obviously!-
for post-elaboration: convert the data file to EDF format and importit
in EEGLab (with informations about events - needed for evokedpotential
detection)- in realtime: use OpenVibe to get data via Raw TelnetThe
idea of having 2 different elaboration tools is that we will usethe
one which will suit best to our needs. Other frameworks
interfacescould be tested in the future.
i.e.: we have the following setup:- acquisition from emotiv epoc and
streaming realtime to OpenVibe- acquisition from emotiv epoc, save on
file, convert to EDF formatand import in EEGLab
please find here attached a EDF containing a file of acquired data(the
experiment description is in the README) to use for evokedpotential
detection.The EDF file stores the event information usable by EEGLab.
byegiammy

--
Gianluca Moro
N.s.A - Note su Android                http://www.giammy.com/nsa