SoundCloud Widget

Patricia Barden

Apr 6, 2015, 12:55:23 PM4/6/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

I'm running Widgets version 1.1 and MediaWiki 1.24.1

I installed the SoundCloud widget and am getting the following error message:

Error in widget SoundCloud

Any help you can give me with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Patricia

Forest S

Apr 7, 2015, 10:16:13 AM4/7/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patricia,

I just installed the widget and didn't have any problems.

MediaWiki     1.23.8
PHP     5.5.20 (cgi-fcgi)
MySQL     5.6.23
Widgets    1.1

If you'd like to check out my site to see how I did it, you can google "TMS Wiki." We are a .org, not a .com. Pages on our site that you could check out include Widget:SoundCloud, Special:Version, User:Forest/Sandbox1 .

The specific code I used for embedding was:
{{#widget:SoundCloud
|id=16040214
|width=100%
}}

Feel free to contact me directly if you look around a bit and can't figure it out.

I hope this helps!

Forest

Eduardo Elias Ferreira

May 27, 2015, 3:58:44 PM5/27/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem.

I looked ate your page and I could see the difference. I'm using 1.1 also with mediawiki 1.24.1

Forest S

May 27, 2015, 5:27:50 PM5/27/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
That's strange. In the interim, I've upgraded to Mediawiki 1.24.2 and the SoundCloud widget still works for me.

Is my site the one that you looked at? If so, did you verify that our Widget:SoundCloud pages are identical?

It would make sense that the Widget:SoundCloud page would be where the problem is because all that the widgets extension does is dump some HTML into the page (it does more than this, of course, but that's what ends up happening). You wouldn't expect an incompatibility with a specific widget unless your equivalent of Widget:SoundCloud is messed up. Are you able to get other widgets to work?

If you tell me the name of your wiki as well as a page where the widget is currently embedded, I will take a look (it may take until Monday, though).

Forest

Donate to the TMS wiki: tmswiki.org/donate.html
Use Google technology to search 10,000 pages about TMS: search.tmswiki.org.

Camponez

Jun 1, 2015, 4:23:05 PM6/1/15
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Forest S <for...@tmswiki.org> wrote:
> Is my site the one that you looked at? If so, did you verify that our
> Widget:SoundCloud pages are identical?

Yes. They are.

> It would make sense that the Widget:SoundCloud page would be where the
> problem is because all that the widgets extension does is dump some HTML
> into the page (it does more than this, of course, but that's what ends up
> happening). You wouldn't expect an incompatibility with a specific widget
> unless your equivalent of Widget:SoundCloud is messed up. Are you able to
> get other widgets to work?
>
> If you tell me the name of your wiki as well as a page where the widget is
> currently embedded, I will take a look (it may take until Monday, though).

cruzeiropedia.org

tks,
Camponez

Forest S

Jun 11, 2015, 3:19:11 PM6/11/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
With Camponez's help, I made an account on his wiki and verified that everything appears to be set up correctly. I found that the error will go away if I remove the validate:int command, replacing "<!--{$id|escape:'html'|validate:int}-->" with "<!--{$id|escape:'html'}-->."

validate is implemented as a very simple smarty plugin, so I asked Camponez to upgrade his version of Smarty to the same one that I use (successfully). However, that did not help.

For some reason, despite the fact that we have exactly the same text in Widget:SoundCloud, the exact same widget call works on my site but fails on his. However, other widgets work just fine for him. This is illustrated on the following page:
http://www.cruzeiropedia.org/Usu%C3%A1rio:Forest
Note that the Twitter widget works but the SoundCloud widget doesn't.

Our stacks our quite similar:

Camponez's stack:
PHP 5.4.36 (cgi-fcgi),
MediaWiki 1.24.1,
Widgets1.1 (8438004) 22:26, 11 October 2014
Smarty 3.1.21

My stack
PHP 5.5.20 (cgi-fcgi)
MediaWiki 1.24.2
Widgets1.1
Smarty 3.1.21

I don't think that he runs an excessive number of extensions.
http://www.cruzeiropedia.org/Especial:Vers%C3%A3o

Thoughts from developers? Now we have three people who have separately identified a problem.

For the record, the widget is usable if you remove the validate:int command from the id variable. However, the id variable is indeed an integer, so it should pass validation:
{{#widget:SoundCloud
|id=16040214
|width=100%
}}