widget Iframe is not working

Juan Alonso

Feb 23, 2018, 5:01:13 PM2/23/18
to MediaWiki Widgets
I have installed Widgets extension using:

mediawiki-extensions-Widgets-1.3.0.tar.gz
smarty-2.6.31.tar.gz

(mediawiki 1.30 , PHP 7.0.22, MySQL 5.7.21, ubuntu0.16.04.1)

Afterwards I installed Iframe widget by creating Widget:Iframe page and copying the contents indicated here:

https://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/w/index.php?title=Widget:Iframe&action=edit

In another page (Widget:Foo) I include this wikitext:

{{#widget:Iframe
|url=https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/w/images/8/80/20171004_Beginners_tutorial_to_Semantic_MediaWiki.pdf
|width=410
|height=342
|border=0
}}

but when I save, I get the same text, not the iframe showing the pdf.

The page is in Widget namespace when I look for it in Special:AllPages.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Juanjo

Daniel Nagaoka

Mar 13, 2018, 10:58:49 AM3/13/18
to MediaWiki Widgets
Did you make the folder
extensions/Widgets/compiled_templates
writable by the server?

Also, you may want to have a look at this:

I tried installing Smarty 2.6.31 and did not work for me. You could either use the git method or install v3.1.31 instead.