Embed tweets from Twitter

samuel.g...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2016, 8:24:15 AM10/6/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
Hello all,

I need to embed tweets on my Wiki but the Widget for it is not maintained anymore (there is not JS script in the code: http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Widget:Tweet). This Widget has been started by Pablo Castellano but I cannot find his contact online.

The Twitter API:

Thanks for your help!

Sam

Sergey Chernyshev

Oct 6, 2016, 8:28:03 AM10/6/16
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Widget page says it is broken so I guess it was deleted during migration.

samuel.g...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2016, 12:47:47 PM10/9/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
Thanks for your answer Sergey. I am not a programmer, is there a way to modify an existing Widget in order to embed a Tweet from Twitter?

Unfortunatly, it's not possible to embed a Tweet as an Iframe (I tried with: http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Iframe).

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:20 PM, <samuel.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

I need to embed tweets on my Wiki but the Widget for it is not maintained anymore (there is not JS script in the code: http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Widget:Tweet). This Widget has been started by Pablo Castellano but I cannot find his contact online.

The Twitter API:

Thanks for your help!

Sam

Sergey Chernyshev

Oct 9, 2016, 9:52:29 PM10/9/16
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
It seems like their API supports some embedding, but you'll need someone to create a widget for you.

Dennis Roczek

Oct 10, 2016, 9:58:59 AM10/10/16
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,
Did you tried that Widget: http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Twitter

Regards,

Dennis Roczek

signature.asc

samuel.g...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2016, 4:40:06 AM10/11/16
to MediaWiki Widgets, dennis...@libreoffice.org
Hi, Dennis Roczek thanks for your help.

Yes I tried it but this widget embeds the full feed of an account, I would like to embed a single tweet. In the code of the Twitter widget, it doesn't seem to use the same id (id of a single tweet and data-widget-id)

Sam

samuel.g...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2016, 8:10:29 AM10/22/16
to MediaWiki Widgets, dennis...@libreoffice.org