Error Upon Installation

Nathan Shobe

Jun 1, 2015, 4:20:14 PM6/1/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com

After editing my LocalSettings.php and adding this line at the bottom: require_once "$IP/extensions/Widgets/Widgets.php" ;

I'm now getting this error:
Fatal error
: Call to undefined function wfRandomString() in /usr/share/mediawiki/extensions/Widgets/WidgetRenderer.php on line 18

Any ideas?

Yaron Koren

Jun 1, 2015, 4:26:41 PM6/1/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

What version of MediaWiki are you using? I'm guessing it's an old one.

-Yaron

Nathan Shobe

Jun 1, 2015, 4:31:59 PM6/1/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
ProductVersion
MediaWiki1.19.20+dfsg-0+deb7u3
PHP5.4.4-14+deb7u12 (apache2handler)
MySQL5.5.43-0+deb7u1

Have a problem? Start a ticket by emailing help...@cironline.org

Nathan Shobe
The Center For Investigative Reporting
System Administrator
c: 510-685-2586 d: 510-982-2841

Nathan Shobe

Jun 1, 2015, 4:32:51 PM6/1/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
I guess it's been a while since I've updated (it's just an internal wiki for the company).

Have a problem? Start a ticket by emailing help...@cironline.org

Nathan Shobe
The Center For Investigative Reporting
System Administrator
c: 510-685-2586 d: 510-982-2841

Yaron Koren

Jun 1, 2015, 4:40:25 PM6/1/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Ah - that wfRandomString() call was added into Widgets fairly recently, and I didn't realize that the function was only added to MediaWiki in version 1.20. I just updated the documentation to reflect that 1.20+ is required. Hopefully that's not a major issue for people.

Nathan Shobe

Jun 1, 2015, 6:17:15 PM6/1/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

I've upgraded to 1.25 and now I'm getting a different error. Not sure if you wanted me to start a new topic. I add a page to use a widget (Iframe in particular but I've tried the YouTube widget as well) and get:

Error in widget Iframe
(link to page removed from above text "widget iframe")

Have a problem? Start a ticket by emailing help...@cironline.org

Nathan Shobe
The Center For Investigative Reporting
System Administrator
c: 510-685-2586 d: 510-982-2841

Yaron Koren

Jun 2, 2015, 12:52:03 AM6/2/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would try recreating/resaving those widgets, if you haven't done that already.

Nathan Shobe

Jun 2, 2015, 2:06:29 AM6/2/15
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com

I figured it out. It was my error on not creating the widget:iframe page and having the right permissions to do so. All seems to be working well now and I'll do more testing and error checking tomorrow. Thank you for the help.