Help/bug with Widget:Twitter functionality?

Kevin Hansen

Jun 20, 2016, 12:04:16 AM6/20/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
Good afternoon,

I'm attempting to install a twitter widget (http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Twitter) to a wiki I'm operating in order to display recent tweets.

I'm using mediawiki v. 1.225, and I have already installed the "Widgets" MediaWiki extension based on the instructions at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Widgets.

I can't seem to get the widget to work, however, and I'm wondering if someone could either:
a) help me understand what I need to do to fix it, or;
b) direct me to another Twitter widget that works.

Thank you in advance for any help you can share!

Help!
Kevin

--

The directions for Widget:Twitter, generally speaking, are to:
1) Install the Widgets extension into the Extensions folder and add it to LocalSettings.php

I am seeking to paste in the timeline of http://twitter.com/PolicyAtlas, and I think my ID may be 2361198252. Following the above steps and replacing my name and ID, however, produces:

Error in widget Twitter

Separately, when I ask Twitter for code on how to embed the timeline (at https://publish.twitter.com/#), I receive the following (which does not note an ID, which I'm wondering may indicate a change in Twitter's widget offering that is not supported by Widget:Twitter):

<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/PolicyAtlas">Tweets by PolicyAtlas</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any help would be much appreciated!

Karsten Hoffmeyer

Jun 20, 2016, 3:23:47 AM6/20/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
Heiya Kevin,

you should check whether you have applied the correct folder permissions [0]. Apart from that I have no idea what may cause the issue.

Cheers Karsten