DISQUS Comments

sergey.c...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2010, 10:57:30 PM3/8/10
to MediaWiki Widgets
Disqus is becoming standard de-facto for widget-based comments - they
did a really good job with authentication, moderation and ease of use
while competing with established products like TypePad Connect or JS-
Kit.

It took me literally few minutes to add Disqus comments widget and now
you can grab it to install on your wiki:

http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/DISQUS

Don't forget to go and register at http://disqus.com/comments/ to get
your own ID or I'll be able to moderate comments on your wiki if you
use the one that is a sample on MediaWikiWidgets.org ;)

Let me know how you like it and if you're going to use it on your
wiki.

Sergey

Kuba Boski

Dec 4, 2016, 5:09:14 PM12/4/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
I think that it doesn't work anymore ?

Karsten Hoffmeyer

Dec 4, 2016, 5:20:23 PM12/4/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
Heiya, thank you for notifying about this issue.

The reason was that browsers block mixed content i.e. content served via http and https on a webpage. Since I recently switched the MediaWiki Widgets website to https it became now apparent hat the code for the DISQUS widget still used http only.

I have not fixed this and the DISQUS widget is back working again. To cut it short: All people using this widget should now update the widget code page [0] to use https only.

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Widget:DISQUS

Sergey Chernyshev

Dec 4, 2016, 6:20:19 PM12/4/16
to mediawik...@googlegroups.com
You might want to fix all URLs in all widgets to use protocol-relative URL instead of full protocol, e.g. replace src="http://example.com/..." and src="https://example.com/..." with src="//example.com/..."

Karsten Hoffmeyer

Dec 5, 2016, 10:46:02 AM12/5/16
to MediaWiki Widgets
Yeah, done so now. I have see a couple of widgets belly up due but this is unrelated to this issue and most probably due to backwards incompatible API changes made by the respective service provider.