Installation issue - where else to look for suggestions?

Kaia Landon

Feb 27, 2013, 5:43:10 PM2/27/13
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
I've installed, Page-Attachment, updated my database, and verified compatibility is not the issue, yet I'm still not seeing the icons for this.
(For the record, I'm running PHP 5.3.5, Mediawiki 1.19.2, and Page Attachment 3.1.0.)
There is a blue line at the bottom of pages.
Javascript is turned on, as are cookies.

Is there some other issue I should be looking at to solve this?

Aldrin

Feb 28, 2013, 2:21:46 AM2/28/13
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaia:

You have already taken the steps that normally resolves the issue you are facing.  So, from the top of my head, not sure what is the issue.

  1. Try clearing the browser & server cache once -- for some users, clearing the cache after initial install resolved the problem.
  2. If clearing the cache provides no result; could you check that there are no JavaScript errors (the attachment box is rendered using Ajax)?
  3. If no JavaScript error, then could you enable MediaWiki debugging and check the log for database errors -- this may cause the Ajax call to fail
  4. If don't see any error in the debug log, could you share the following information about your  MediaWiki installation and I'll try to reproduce the error to resolve it:
         1. Name of all the extensions installed
         2. OS name & version
         3. Skin name

Sincerely yours,

Aldrin

Kaia

Feb 28, 2013, 8:03:50 PM2/28/13
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aldrin,
Thanks for the quick response!

I get to #3 without any useful result, but turning on debugging in MediaWiki gives me one error:
  • User: cache miss for user 1
  • User: loading options for user 1 from database.
  • Title::getRestrictionTypes: applicable restrictions to [[Tullidge's Quarterly Magazine]] are {edit,move}
  • User: cache miss for user 1
  • User: loading options for user 1 from database.
  • Title::getRestrictionTypes: applicable restrictions to [[Tullidge's Quarterly Magazine]] are {edit,move}
  • Class PEAR_Error not found; skipped loading [pear is installed on the server, but apparently it's a somewhat limited in modules]
Since this doesn't seem like an ajax call failing, here's the other info too:
1. Cite, PageAttachment (Version 3.1.0), StringFunctions (Version 2.0.3), SubPageList (Version 0.5), AddThis (Version 1.0.1), CustomNavBlocks (Version 2.2.1), NewArticleTemplate (Version 1.1-1.11.0), Validator (Version 0.5.1), WikiEditor (Version 0.3.1)
2. We're on some flavor of unix - on Dreamhost (shared) - beyond that I don't actually know.
3. Monobook

Oh, and I just switched to php 5.4.11, on the hopes that that might somehow solve the problem despite the fact that the compatibility chart indicates everything is fine, but that did not change anything.

Thanks again!
Kaia

Aldrin

Mar 2, 2013, 12:08:28 AM3/2/13
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaia:

I have tried to reproduce the error by setting up a test wiki the with configuration you provided.  Had to install "DataValues" extension to get the wiki going.  However, could not reproduce the error; PageAttachment extension works as it should.

The only way I can reproduce the error is by dropping the PageAttachment related tables from the database.  If I recreate the tables by running the following MediaWiki maintenance script from MediaWiki install directory then the problem disappears.

      php maintenance/update.php

Could you please re-run the above script and see if you get any errors?

Sincerely yours,

Aldrin

Kaia Landon

Mar 4, 2013, 2:50:57 PM3/4/13
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aldrin,
Thanks! You're correct that the table wasn't being created. There weren't any errors appearing when attempting to run the web version of the update, and the update was appearing to run, but it wasn't doing anything regarding this extension (such as adding the tables).
Trying from the command line just got an error about an unexpected \ in line 160 of this extension's SetupExtension.php. I tried removing that slash (and the text before it) just to see what would happen. That turned out to be quite useful, as it notified me that it was running the update from php 5.2, which was the problem, despite the fact that I'm running 5.4.11 for this site. For whatever reason running whereis php from the command line on my host doesn't give me the path to the version of php I'm running, and thus my /usr/local/php5/bin/php was wrong. Changing it to /usr/local/php54/bin/php made it actually run the update from php 5.4, and now everything works (after repairing line 160 to its original state).

Thanks again for your help!
Kaia

Aldrin

Mar 4, 2013, 10:21:22 PM3/4/13
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaia:

I am glad that it is now working for you.  I'll update the wiki noting that "update.php" should be run from the command line.

Sincerely yours,

Aldrin
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to mediawiki-page-attachment-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Andy

Jan 27, 2014, 11:15:00 AM1/27/14
to mediawiki-page-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am also having a similar issue of not seeing the buttons to attach a file. I cleared my caches (Server and local) and also checked that there are two tables for the page attachment exists. Is there anything I will have to do? There is no JS error in my console as well.

Andy