Files transferring but disappeared

Mark Eaton

Aug 6, 2011, 12:54:30 PM8/6/11
to MediaTransfer
Hi
I successfully setup MediaTransfer to work with Windows 7 (so I
thought :) ) and my iPhone 4 started a transfer and I could see the
files appearing within the open "MediaTransfer" file I created as
instructed in the video tutorial. After about 10 minutes I returned
and noticed the battery was down to 5% so I took my iPhone to another
room in the house and plugged it into the charger. It was still well
within range of the wifi and the PC, and MediaTranfer continued to do
it's thing.

But after transferring the files (937 files all up with this transfer)
I returned to find the files had disappeared all together!?

That was the first problem, since then I have tried a few other
transfers. The next transfer I interrupted because the files where
taking a long time to transfer and it didn't seem correct so only 3
files where transferred, two pictures and one movie. I could see the
files this time on Windows 7 within the Meda Transfer folder but upon
opening them it said invalid file and I could not view them? I then
tried another transfer but first I cleared the files sent button
within the Media Transfer app and tried a fresh transfer but this
locked up the iPhone on the second image it was trying to send.

I then thought to turn off and on the iPhone and I am trying another
transfer now. I hope this time it works but it seemed to be working
fine from the very start.

My main question is why would the files just disappear after the first
failed transfer? and secondly why do the files (when they did seem to
transfer) say invalid file. Have you seen this issue before?

I hope someone can shed some light on this issue?

Hey, great app!! But it's just not working for me!! : )

Thanks

Mark

Map-Pin

Aug 7, 2011, 11:37:44 AM8/7/11
to MediaTransfer
So on Windows, if the file is not completed and the transfer stops,
then the file is removed from the server.

Its likely therefore that the issue is the ability to complete a
transfer. I have been going around with Apple on this "bug" and they
tell me it may be fixed in 5.x, and can I try using that version of
Beta IOS... unfortunately nobody actually having the problem is on 5.x
and they won't let me give it to anyone.

I suggest trying:
An iPhone reboot.
A server reboot. (less likely solves it)
Switching Active/Passive mode