some HTML editor popups are empty

Nate Aune

Oct 14, 2014, 11:16:49 AM10/14/14
to media...@googlegroups.com, Filip Jukić, Cody Carson
We're having a problem since upgrading to the latest Fall 2014 release with the text editor in that the HTML button, Paste from Word button, and the hyperlink button show a popup that is empty. The best we can tell is that the browser doesn't allow the script served from cloudfront/S3 to access the frame served from mediathread.appsembler.com. Not to mention that both HTTP and HTTPS complicate the whole issue.

The two solutions that we can think of are to:

1) serve static files using nginx from the Mediathread server. if we set up static file caching right, it shouldn't be too much of a performance degradation as most requests won't hit our server (except for the first time visitors)

2) serve files from CloudFront using a custom domain, serving HTTPS requests using SNI that some of the older browsers don't support:

Does anyone have a recommended approach here?

Nate