Is the documentation out of date?

Jason Bennett

Sep 28, 2017, 1:45:58 PM9/28/17
to Mediathread
Hello,

I'm trying to install Mediathread at the University of Virginia. Get to Step #4 to run ./bootstrap.py, but there is no bootstrap.py in the folder.

Is the documentation out of date? Seems current as of two months ago. Am I missing something?

-Jason

Nik Nyby

Sep 28, 2017, 1:51:14 PM9/28/17
to media...@googlegroups.com, Jason Bennett
Hi Jason,

Yeah, the documentation is out of date. Sorry about that, we'll update it.

The bootstrap step is now handled by django.mk. To install the
virtualenv, just run the command: make
> --

Nik Nyby
Programmer
Columbia University's Center for Teaching and Learning
nn...@columbia.edu | (212) 854-7076

Jason Bennett

Sep 29, 2017, 9:53:48 AM9/29/17
to Mediathread
Hey Nik,

I shudder to think of all the documentation I need to update, so no worries. And thanks for the quick response! I appreciate the help.

I seem to get a few random errors when running make. Any ideas?

-Jason

rm -rf ./ve
python virtualenv
.py --extra-search-dir=requirements/virtualenv_support/ --never-download ./ve
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "virtualenv.py", line 2352, in <module>
    main
()

File "virtualenv.py", line 825, in main
    symlink
=options.symlink)

File "virtualenv.py", line 985, in create_environment
    site_packages
=site_packages, clear=clear, symlink=symlink))

File "virtualenv.py", line 1179, in install_python
    copyfile
(join(stdlib_dir, fn), join(lib_dir, fn), symlink)

File "virtualenv.py", line 479, in copyfile
    copyfileordir
(src, dest, symlink)

File "virtualenv.py", line 454, in copyfileordir
    shutil
.copytree(src, dest, symlink)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/shutil.py", line 208, in copytree

raise Error, errors
shutil
.Error: [('/usr/lib64/python2.7/config/libpython2.7.so', './ve/lib/python2.7/config/libpython2.7.so', '[Errno 2] No such file or directory')]
make
: *** [ve/sentinal] Error 1