New Blood

Caleb Cochran

Feb 25, 2015, 8:32:50 PM2/25/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I'm Caleb. I've been working with Geeks Without Bounds for a bit and Lisha figured I might be able to help with Mediathread, so here I am introducing myself.

Mediathread seems pretty cool and I would love to hear more about it.

Thanks,
Caleb

MrEnoch

Feb 26, 2015, 11:41:20 AM2/26/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caleb,

Great to meet you!  Thanks for introducing yourself and volunteering to chip in on the project.

I would love to schedule a time for us to talk on the phone or skype about your background and interests.

I'm not sure if you've found our wiki yet - https://github.com/ccnmtl/mediathread/wiki. We are a little behind on filling out the future roadmap, but we do have alot of ideas for jumping in. I suggested to Lisha at GWOB (http://gwob.org/) that you introduce yourself here in case anyone else on this list had suggestions for work.

On our end, one of the highest priority, back-burner efforts (I know, that sounds like an oxymoron - I just mean projects we'd love to see happen, but aren't bound to our immediate local needs) has to do with packaging and smoothing the on-ramp to running the tool. So, we're interested in one-click installs, docker/ami images, and the ability to easily run on a range of PaaS providers and within containers/projects like dhbox.org and sandstorm.io.

Does that sound like an effort you might be interested in?  It's pretty DevOps focused, and doesn't involve getting your hands too dirty with the application proper, but would be really, really valuable.

Great to meet you.
/Jonah