Mediathread bookmarklet not working at all

Sarah Scully

Oct 2, 2014, 12:48:44 PM10/2/14
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hello Folks,

I'm the main admin/trainer for our instance of Mediathread at Dartmouth and John Wallace suggested I post a problem here. John has recently reinstalled Mediathread on our server, but I can't get the bookmarklet to work with any service: I've tried Google Images, Youtube, plain old HTML web pages with pictures, and the Internet Archive video collection.  When I click on the bookmarklet I don't get anything - no error message, no Mediathread pop-up window, nothing.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing the code for the Bookmarklet when I hover over it.  I'm on Mac OSX Mavericks, tried on Safari and Chrome.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sarah Tischer Scully
Media Services Librarian
Dartmouth College
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.43.30 PM.png

Susan Dreher

Oct 2, 2014, 12:51:46 PM10/2/14
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah -

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues. One of our requirements for the Fall 2014 release was to required Mediathread run under both a non-SSL and SSL context to support a wide variety of sites. For example: YouTube requires the bookmark to communicate back to Mediathread under a secure context, while ARTStor requires a non-SSL context.

John - can you chime in and let me know if you have that configuration set up?

Thanks,
Susan