Vimeo + bookmarket = :(

Mark Cooper

Mar 20, 2015, 7:30:29 AM3/20/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Is it just me, or is the bookmarklet not working with Vimeo in the current mediathread and SherdJS distributions? - Mark

clayfox

Mar 20, 2015, 10:55:54 AM3/20/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark C,

I can verify that the bookmarklet is not currently working with Vimeo on our install. This connection has broken before - a silent change on the Vimeo side that we had to adjust for. We'll take a look at this again.

Jed

Mar 20, 2015, 2:03:58 PM3/20/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
All,

I can verify that the bookmarklet is NOT working on Vimeo. Not sure how long Vimeo has been forcing https, but it is now and the script is not being allowed to load. It is possible the following line is the problem.

Jed

Mar 20, 2015, 2:08:58 PM3/20/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
All,

Sorry, I sent the previous message prematurely....

The following line is most likely the issue.

Also it IS possible to collect items by allowing mixed content to be loaded into the browser. Please see the link for a screencast.

- Jed

Susan Dreher

Mar 23, 2015, 11:12:35 AM3/23/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Jed, thanks for taking a look at this. Flipping to https:// does indeed resolve the Vimeo issue. I've put in a pull request. Once that clears, I'll move forward with a production Mediathread deploy.

Best,
Susan

Susan Dreher

Mar 23, 2015, 4:29:50 PM3/23/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Mark -

Just a heads up that you can do a pull from master to pickup the vimeo fix.

Thanks,
Susan

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7:30:29 AM UTC-4, Mark Cooper wrote:
Is it just me, or is the bookmarklet not working with Vimeo in the current mediathread and SherdJS distributions? - Mark

Nate Aune

Mar 24, 2015, 10:10:33 AM3/24/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Could this be the same solution for people who are having problems
clipping media on Kaltura.com? Switch from http to https?
Nate Aune - nate...@gmail.com
http://www.nateaune.com
+1 (617) 517-4953

Jed

Mar 24, 2015, 12:04:34 PM3/24/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
Nate,

Not sure. do you have a URL with a Kaltura video so I can test?

- Jed

Nate Aune

Mar 24, 2015, 9:34:00 PM3/24/15
to media...@googlegroups.com
here's a Kaltura video you can test with:
http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/l2i84