TastyPie API: Refactoring & Deprecation

Susan Dreher

Jul 19, 2014, 12:08:53 PM7/19/14
to media...@googlegroups.com
Hello -

We are working toward an August release that should primarily resolve some speed issues. When a course begins to accumulate hundreds of items & selections, the collection view and the project space begin to slow down. (The application is beginning to suffer from its own popularity here at ColumbiaU!)

I've traced down the primary inefficiencies to the way the application is using the TastyPie json api. Ideally, I want to phase out the use of this library in favor of some highly optimized json rendering code tuned to the MeTh object model.

Before completely deprecating the api, I wanted to inquire as to whether any of our active developers are relying on this api for new development? If yes, please let me know exactly which bits of the api you are actively using.

Thanks,
Susan

Mediathread Lead Developer
CCNMTL