Announcing MediaPipe, our upgraded machine learning tool

mediapipe-solutions-external-announce

May 10, 2023, 6:50:32 PM5/10/23
to mediapipe-solutions-external-announce

Hey everyone!

Today at Google I/O 2023, we introduced MediaPipe Solutions, a new collection of on-device machine learning tools to simplify the developer process. This is made up of MediaPipe Studio, MediaPipe Tasks, and MediaPipe Model Maker. These tools provide no-code to low-code solutions to common on-device machine learning tasks, such as audio classification, segmentation, and text embedding, for mobile, web, desktop, and IoT developers.

As of today there are fourteen tasks that you can add to your apps, including:

  • Face Landmarker, which detects facial landmarks and blendshapes to determine human facial expressions, such as smiling, raised eyebrows, and blinking. Additionally, this task is useful for applying effects to a face in three dimensions that matches the user’s actions.
  • Image Segmenter, which lets you divide images into regions based on predefined categories. You can use this functionality to identify humans or multiple objects, then apply visual effects like background blurring.
  • Interactive Segmenter, which takes the region of interest in an image, estimates the boundaries of an object at that location, and returns the segmentation for the object as image data.

You can get started today by trying various tasks through MediaPipe Studio or viewing our examples on GitHub.

To learn more, watch our I/O 2023 sessions: Easy on-device ML with MediaPipe, Supercharge your web app with machine learning and MediaPipe, and What's new in machine learning, and check out the official documentation over on developers.google.com/mediapipe.

We look forward to seeing all the great things you make!

- The MediaPipe team

This conversation is locked