March Mixer Madness / Call for new board

Media of Birmingham

Mar 9, 2010, 2:36:23 PM3/9/10
to MOB list
Hi MOBsters,

March Mixer Madness

Join us for St. Patrick's Eve mixer at Café Dupont downtown for drinks and networking with Media of Birmingham.

[Bar menu]

We'll be there from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, March 16.

Invite your friends and colleagues in media (print, broadcast, online, etc.), public relations, advertising and marketing.

Please RSVP by Monday, March 15, noon.

Note: You must RSVP for this event — NO WALK-INS. Late fee is $10; fees go to W Social Marketing.

Special thanks to our sponsor, W Social Marketing.

Event volunteers needed: Help out with hospitality or photography. E-mail mai...@mediaofbirmingham.com for details.

* * *

Call for new board

Media of Birmingham can grow far beyond what it has done in the first 7 years. But we need you to help the MOB expand in the next decade.

It's time to go from a two-person organization team into a full board. The metro area needs this group to provide opportunities for networking, employment, training and awareness. Whatever you can imagine for the MOB, you can make happen.

In the next few months, we'll form and train a volunteer board and turn over the reins. You will have opportunities to plan events, recruit members, develop training sessions and panels, promote group activities and more.

But before that can happen, we need you to apply.

Please take a few minutes to sign up online if you're interested. If you have questions, e-mail us at mai...@mediaofbirmingham.com.

* * *

The MOB