Developers Heads Up: Python Package renamed to "mediadrop"

Felix Schwarz

Nov 4, 2013, 10:59:24 AM11/4/13
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I just several commits to rename the internals of MediaDrop and unfortunately
this has some impact on developers extending MediaDrop. I alos wrote a new
"blog" post to help you with the transition:
http://mediadrop.net/blog/2013/developers-heads-up-python-package-renamed-to-mediadrop.html

And I know you can do it as I took three selected community repos and
performed the rename myself to make sure it is possible + mostly painless:
https://github.com/FelixSchwarz/mediadrop-test-renames/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on this mailing list.

Felix

Adam Morris

Nov 24, 2013, 8:07:44 AM11/24/13
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Just reporting my experience just now doing the rename from MediaCore to MediaDrop.
I maintain a “edit the source code directly” version of MediaCore (but look forward to figuring out how to utilize plugins for all my mods)
So I followed the directions and came out a winner, with no issues.
Only thing is that I had to edit some .po files for in mediadrop/i18n, not sure why but it was easy
Also there was one outstanding name change in the mediadrop/migrations/__init__.py
The rename script works but spits out a lot of irrelevant messages, might be weird to the uninitiated (or even initiated).
All done! Thanks Felix.
Adam