ffmpeg batch encoder

Valerio Minetti

May 8, 2013, 5:07:29 AM5/8/13
to mediacore-...@googlegroups.com
if you or other are interested i've created a tiny php daemon for local encoding with ffmpeg. It scans mediacore db for unencoded media, transcode them into mp4 and then add media_files entries for the transcoded version.
At the end of the process it sets media as encoded and send an email to media author.
It's not polished yet since it has no encoding presets management ( i just used one to see if things where working fine) but it seems to do its job well.
I also included an upstart script in order to daemonize it.
If someone want to give it a try i've created a public repo on github:
https://github.com/valeriominetti/mediacore-ffmpeg-bot
Note: i didn't write the code for tumbnail and media creation because i meant this object just like a transcoder helper and i wanted my user to start the workflow loading their files and filling the media metadata.
Note2: i wrote this in php since i'm pretty a novice with python and had a strict timeline for this task. since it's completly decoupled from mediacore i felt safe doing it this way :)