Help With MediaDrop install on Ubuntu desktop 13.10

OTHIENO JOHN

Feb 7, 2014, 4:27:15 AM2/7/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I am installing mediadrop on Ubuntu 13.10.
I have followed the steps given at http://henri.web.id/installation-mediadrop-0-10-3-on-ubuntu-server-11-10-development/
Everything was working fine till the step of setting up triggers.
It gave me the error message below.
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 12: Table 'mediadrop.media' doesn't exist
Have tried to resolve it to the best of my knowledge but to no solution so far.
I would appreciate if you would assist me to overcome this.
Thanks.

Adam Morris

Feb 7, 2014, 4:37:06 AM2/7/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
One of the problems with that tutorial is that it's setting up a development app but passes 'deployment.ini' (normally we'd want development.ini), but this doesn't change the name of the tables...

That table should have been created in the step paster setup-app deployment.ini step
Check to see that your deployment.ini file defines database 'mediadrop'

OTHIENO JOHN

Feb 7, 2014, 5:44:49 AM2/7/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
When I go back to implement that, on running python setup.py develop, i get the error: invalid command 'develop'
how do I resolve this?
thanks.

Felix Schwarz

Feb 7, 2014, 5:46:27 AM2/7/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like you only have distutils (module from the python standard library)
but not setuptools. Can you try to install setuptools? Actually that should be
present in every virtualenv but maybe I'll have to check if Ubuntu does
something different here (or maybe really new versions of virtualenv changed
something).

fs

OTHIENO JOHN

Feb 7, 2014, 6:10:32 AM2/7/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Sailed through that point.
However, when I try to set up the triggers, this is the response I get.
(venv)me@ubuntu:/var/www$ sudo mysql -u root -p mediadrop < MediaCore-0.10.3/setup_triggers.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 12: Unknown column 'id' in 'NEW'
Apparently, the database tables problem persists.
I guess paster setup-app deployment step wasn’t successful.
What could I be doing wrong?
But I appreciate the help so far.
O.J

OTHIENO JOHN

Feb 8, 2014, 2:54:43 AM2/8/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
Someone please help me out here.

Adam Morris

Feb 9, 2014, 2:10:50 AM2/9/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
I think that error actually means you do have the tables set up, but maybe the triggers are conflicting or something? The NEW thing means something particular to the trigger syntax, so I don't know why that is throwing it for a loop...

Have you tried:

mysql -u root -p
at the prompt
drop database mediadrop

then run setup-app command again, and then run the triggers again

Danny Harake

Sep 10, 2014, 10:05:26 PM9/10/14
to mediadrop-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I know some have solved this in different ways, but the posts were a while back and would like to help anyone struggling through "generate a configuration file named deployment.ini which contains basic MediaDrop settings."

So two points to do this successfully (after hours of toiling away at it):

1. The directory you should execute the command (paster make-config MediaDrop deployment.ini) is the directory in which you have unpackaged MediaDrop.

2. The command is wrong... try this out: paster make-config MediaCore deployment.ini

So yeah, a blunder from the rebranding... I hope its worth the hastle once its finally up and running! Good luck